Adding patients to the platform is quick and easy.
To add a patient, you will need the patient’s name, date of birth, NHS number, email address and the app you wish for them to have access to.
If the patient does not have an email address, they could use the email address of a family member or other trusted individual, providing they have given them permission to do so. Please note: that once an email is used, It can only be associated with that single patient, multiple users cannot be under the same email.
• When you add a new patient we will check to ensure that the email address entered is valid.
• We will display a warning if you enter an invalid email address.
• You cannot enter an email address that has previously bounced. What is a bounced email?
• On your patient list, a red warning icon will be displayed next to patients that were previously added to the platform using an invalid or bounced email address.
How to Activate Patients with Bounced Emails:
Important: If you notice a red warning icon next to a patient’s name on your patient list, please enter a valid email address to activate their account.
• On your patient list, click on the patients name
• Click on Manage my Patient
• Select the red Patient Activation title
• Click the Change Email Address button and enter a valid email address
• On the Patient Activation screen, click Send Activation Message button
• Your patient will now receive an activation email to enable them to create an account and log-in to my mhealth
Once added to the platform, the patient will automatically receive an email from my mhealth, where they will be asked to click the blue ‘Activate account’ button within the email to get started. The patient will then set up a password, and can then log in. The patient can use their email address and password to log in on any device.
For the best experience, the patient should download the my mhealth app from the Google Play or Apple Store. The patient will need to search for my mhealth and download the app on to their smartphone or tablet. Using the app from the app stores enables other functions not available using a web browser such as access to push notifications, and the ability to connect to blue-tooth devices. If they are using a computer, they can access their login through the following web address – https://mymhealth.com/login
There are remote onboarding scripts to support with onboarding patients over the phone. Posters, leaflets and letters are also available, and videos to display in clinics and waiting rooms. Please visit www.mymhealth.com/resources to download these for free.