myCOPD: West Lothian
Real-world evidence (RWE)
West Lothian Health Board in Scotland undertook a survey of patients who had been given myCOPD between Dec 2017 and July 2018.
myCOPD had been distributed through primary and secondary care in clinics, Pulmonary rehabilitation services, oxygen and smoking cessation services in the locality. 44 surveys were sent out and 22 patients completed and returned the survey.
The results of the survey found:
- 86% of patients found myCOPD easy or very easy to use.
- 96% of patients found it helpful or extremely helpful for looking after their COPD
- 95% of patients since using myCOPD felt more confident about looking after their COPD.
- 95% of patients would recommend myCOPD to family and friends who have COPD
Some comments from patients using myCOPD:
- “I fill in myCOPD every night as it makes me feel I am still in control of my life and has helped me understand what impact COPD has in my life.”
- “I found it very helpful”
- “It is very interesting and helps you understand COPD.”
Report compiled by West Lothian Health Board
D Nobel, S Maguire and R Fry.
More Case Studies
Southend CCG PR team remapped their patient pathway to open up a hybrid option for their PR patients.
A randomised controlled feasibility trial of an E-health platform supported care vs usual care after exacerbation of COPD.
Online versus face-to-face pulmonary rehabilitation for patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease: randomised controlled trial.